I know it takes quite a bit of time to enter your oils, accessories, and recipes in the myOilCache app, so I wanted to make sure you were aware of the different ways that you can backup your data.
You also have the option to sync data between devices using iCloud or Dropbox. For more information, visit Instructions for Syncing Data
How to backup your data
- iTunes & iCloud: I’m sure all of you know about the two basic ways to backup your device: iTunes and iCloud. If you don’t want to connect your device to your computer to backup your information, you will want to make sure to include OilCache in your iCloud Backup on your device.
Here are instructions for iCloud:
You need to follow these instructions exactly to make sure the app is included in your iCloud Backup.
- Turn on iCloud Backup (if it isn’t already turned on): Open the “Settings” app on your device, then tap on your Apple ID, select iCloud, then scroll down to iCloud Backup and turn it on.
- To make sure OilCache is included in the Backup, go back to the top of the iCloud screen and select “Manage Storage” scroll down and select “Backup”.
- Under “Backups” select your device.
- Under “Choose Data to Back up” make sure OilCache is switched to the On position.
** If you need more detailed instructions for backing up your data, visit this page on the Apple website: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203977
Also, here are instructions from Apple for managing your iCloud Storage – scroll down to the section “Select which iOS Apps to back up” https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204247
- iTunes File Sharing: iTunes File Sharing will not only allow you to keep a copy of the data on your computer but also the images. This is nice to have in case you have an issue with your device where you are unable to restore from a backup. Also, if you want to have your data on two devices, you can use iTunes File Sharing to copy the data between devices.I have included some basic instructions for iTunes File Sharing. You can also view complete instructions on the Apple Website: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201301
WARNING: do not attempt to edit or modify the database files on your computer; doing so could cause serious issues and corrupt the data
- CSV File: The CSV file can be opened with a Spreadsheet Program, such as Excel or Numbers. The CSV File is great for the data, but it does not include the photos. To export your data in a CSV File, go to the “Options” section and select ‘Export Data’. You can choose which data you want to export. ***IMPORTANT** Although you can export your data to a CSV File, the app does not include the option to import the data from the CSV File. Please make sure you have an alternate backup of your data (using iCloud, iTunes, or iTunes File Sharing).
QUESTIONS: If you have any questions, please contact me so I can help. In the app, go to the Support section and select Email Developer